righttorepairindia.in Right to Repair India Portal: The Right to Repair Portal allows for online complaint registration at www.righttorepairindia.in, where consumers can track their grievance status. If you need to file a complaint on the Right to Repair Portal, the process is straightforward. Here’s how to file a complaint on the Right to Repair Portal of India.
- righttorepairindia.in Right to Repair India Portal
- Right to Repair India Portal Complaint Registration & Status
- Right to Repair India Portal Highlights
- What is Right To Repair India Portal?
- Objective Right to Repair Portal of India
- Right to Repair Portal Features and Benefits
- How to File a Complaint on the Right to Repair Portal?
- Right to Repair Portal of India – FAQs
righttorepairindia.in Right to Repair India Portal
Right to Repair India Portal (www.righttorepairindia.in): The Government of India’s Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution has recently launched a “Right to Repair India Portal” for complaint registration and consumer welfare. This portal allows consumers to check the status of their complaints and access a complete benefit list. You may visit the Right to Repair Portal, https://www.righttorepairindia.in/, or download the Android App Developed By Consumer Affairs Department and IIT (BHU) on your smartphone.
Right to Repair India Portal Complaint Registration & Status
Recently, the Minister of Food and Consumer Affairs, Piyush Goyal, announced the launch of the “Right to Repair India Portal”. This national portal has been developed by the National Consumer Helpline (NTH) to support and help consumers with updates on various issues related to government officials and private products they use daily. Consumers can register complaints on the Right to Repair India Portal and also check the status of their registered complaints on the official website. If you have any issues, you can file a complaint on the Right to Repair Portal, and below are the steps to follow for registering a complaint and checking the status on the Right to Repair Portal.
Right to Repair India Portal Highlights
|Portal Name||Right to Repair India Portal|
|Department||Department of Consumer Affairs, Government of India Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution|
|Announced by||Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Piyush Goyal|
|Objective||Register online for a complaint|
|App Development by||Consumer Affairs Department and IIT (BHU)|
|Right To Repair India (RTRI) Website||www.righttorepairindia.in|
What is Right To Repair India Portal?
The Right to Repair Portal enables customers to file grievances through its website i.e. www.righttorepairindia.in to register their concerns. Consumers can provide basic information about the product, such as the brand and model, as well as the nature of the complaint. Once the complaint is registered on the site, a unique complaint number and a deadline for resolution are assigned. With the use of this portal, customers have a fast and easy way to report defective goods and receive compensation. At present, there is no specific regulation in India related to the Right to Repair India portal. For more detailed information about righttorepairindia.in, including its highlights, objectives, features, and benefits, as well as steps to file a complaint on the portal, please read below.
Objective Right to Repair Portal of India
As part of its efforts to protect consumers and provide a quick and effective way to address complaints, the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution have developed this webpage. With the introduction of this portal, it is now easier than ever for Indian citizens to file complaints and obtain resolutions for defective or malfunctioning products.
Right to Repair Portal Features and Benefits
These are the several key features and benefits of the Right To Repair Portal of India;-
- An online platform called the Right to Repair portal was introduced by the Indian government to make product maintenance and repair easier.
- With the help of this portal, users will have a simpler and more practical approach to fixing their products.
- Customers can access a variety of services through this site, including product repair and maintenance, replacement parts, and warranty information.
- It offers details on the list of services provided by authorized service providers, details on product warranties, and contact information for repair service providers.
- Customers can access information about product maintenance and repair on the portal.
- Customers will benefit from this platform by having their products serviced quickly.
- Customers can lodge complaints on the portal regarding product repairs, which will aid in enhancing the services provided by the service providers.
- Customers can follow the progress of the repairs and receive updates thanks to these capabilities.
- Customers can view the status of the repair job on the Right to Repair portal.
- This makes it easier for clients to monitor the repair and upkeep process and guarantees that their devices receive fast repairs.
How to File a Complaint on the Right to Repair Portal?To file a complaint on the Right to Repair Portal, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Right to Repair Portal.
- The homepage of the website will appear on the screen.
- Click on the “File a Complaint” option.
- Select the type of product for which you want to file a complaint.
- The complaint form will appear on the screen.
- Fill in all the required details, such as your name, email ID, address, phone number, etc.
- Select the state for which you are filing the complaint.
- Enter the description of your complaint.
- Attach any supporting evidence to back up your complaint.
- Finally, click on the “Submit” button to file your complaint.
- Once your complaint has been successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with a tracking number.
- You can use the tracking number to check the progress of your complaint at any time.
|Right to Repair Portal Link||https://www.righttorepairindia.in/|
|For more Government Schemes (Sarkari Yojna)||www.topclassresults.com|
Right to Repair Portal of India – FAQs
This Right to Repair India Portal (www.righttorepairindia.in) allows Consumers to register complaints for support and help against their purchasing goods and other product. This portal was launched by the Indian Government.
Indian Government will announce soo the Right to Repair law for Indian consumers. At this time, there is no regulation has come into existence about the Right to Repair in India. You must visit the official website as righttorepairindia.in
The objective of the Right To Repair India Portal is for the users/consumers that can easily access this portal anywhere to file a complaint online against the defective products which they have purchased.
On 24th December 2022, the Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Piyush Goyal launched the Right to Repair Portal, an NTH mobile app, and more.
The direct link (URL) of Right to Repair India Portal is https://www.righttorepairindia.in